Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Ultimate Direction Ultra Jacket Review

I received one of Ultimate Direction's new Ultra Jackets in the mail while I was out on the AT. It was a great homecoming gift!

Yay for new gear!

Since then I've taken it out on everything from drizzly PNW runs around town, to the cold, crisp autumn mornings of the midwest, and downright wintry conditions on nearby summits.

Teneriffe Summit

I have been nothing but impressed. In fact, it's been finding its way into my pack and onto my back more often than my beloved Houdini jacket these days...


Things I love about it:

  • Foldover mitts at the end of the cuffs
  • Built in brim in the hood
  • Full coverage hood
  • Waterproof
  • Even in pouring rain the inside pocket seems to keep my iPod dry


Things to consider:

  • I've never found anything to be truly breathable and waterproof, no matter what the manufacturer claims. This jacket included. However, I have learned to just look for a waterproof jacket that will keep me warm. This does.
  • It's a slim fit. If you want to layer over top of anything other than a single shirt size up one (or even 2) sizes.
  • It's gusseted in the middle, which is flattering, but I find tends to be a bit restrictive when combined with a pack


Overall, I love this jacket and highly recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment