Tuesday, January 19, 2016

URSportswear Just Rock Shorts Review

I've been rocking the "Just Rock" shorts for a couple of years now and I absolutely love them. In fact they have a couple of new colors out...so I'll have to buy one of each!



Here's what I love:

  • The fit. They are a spandex short, but the most comfortable ones you'll ever wear. I don't feel like I'm in Spanx.
  • No ride up. That's right. The legs stay put. Thank God.
  • The colors. Peppy, bold, fun. It's what I look for in outdoor apparel (right after functionality).
  • Durability. I've taken these climbing indoors and out, on off-trail bushwhacking adventures, long runs, yoga, and trail hikes. They still look new.


What's not so great:

  • The sweat factor. When you're sweating hard it shows. If they come out with a darker color I bet it won't be as noticeable.
  • Dry time. While they stay comfortable even when wet I have noticed that they don't dry as fast as the uber thin running shorts.
  • Weight. They fabric isn't particularly lightweight. However, I think it's pretty standard or even a little lighter than most spandex.


Overall, I feel good when I wear them and they are highly functional. I highly recommend them!


2 comments:

  1. I noticed on the U R Sportswear site that the inside of the legs has "gripper" material. My skin tend to not like that, how is it for you?
    And I noticed that there is a zipper on the back for holding a key or small object, does this interfere with the waist belt on backpacks? Inquiring mind wants to know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not had a problem with either really. The zipper has only been an annoyance when lying on my back for crunches. I believe they may be coming out with a zipperless model in the future.

      Delete