Here's what I love:
- The fit. They are a spandex short, but the most comfortable ones you'll ever wear. I don't feel like I'm in Spanx.
- No ride up. That's right. The legs stay put. Thank God.
- The colors. Peppy, bold, fun. It's what I look for in outdoor apparel (right after functionality).
- Durability. I've taken these climbing indoors and out, on off-trail bushwhacking adventures, long runs, yoga, and trail hikes. They still look new.
What's not so great:
- The sweat factor. When you're sweating hard it shows. If they come out with a darker color I bet it won't be as noticeable.
- Dry time. While they stay comfortable even when wet I have noticed that they don't dry as fast as the uber thin running shorts.
- Weight. They fabric isn't particularly lightweight. However, I think it's pretty standard or even a little lighter than most spandex.
Overall, I feel good when I wear them and they are highly functional. I highly recommend them!