Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Foam Rollers Are My Friend



I bought a foam roller years ago on the recommendation of my PT. It has been an indispensable part of my maintenance and recovery over the years. Over time I've expanded the tools I use for home therapy, myofascial release, and recovery from hard efforts.

I usually review gear, but today I want to talk about some tools to keep you healthy during your training. I have two different types of roller and several therapy balls:

I have a GoFit foam roller which I use to treat tight IT bands, quads, and back.
I utilize "The Stick" Original on my calves and for travel (in place of the foam roller).
I also have a tennis ball and Pro-Tec Athletics "The Orb" Deep Tissue Massage Ball (5") for my glutes, hips, and back.

I have used all of these for several years in my home recovery and therapy and they have all held up well. I highly recommend the brands above if you are in the market for any of these products.

2 comments:

  1. Does the length of the foam roller matter? They come in several sizes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete