Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sealskinz Jacquard Waterproof Beanie Review

I am an ambassador for Sealskinz USA and received my hat at no cost. However, this review was not requested by the company and is my own opinion of the product.

I wore a Sealskinz Jacquard Waterproof Beanie for the southern portion of the Appalachian Trail in 2015 and throughout the winter in the Pacific Northwest.

Pros:

  • Waterproof
  • WARM
  • Adorable


Cons:

  • Sizing runs quite small. I have a pretty small head (22 in) and I needed the L/XL
  • Heavier than most beanies I own


Overall I recommend this as a winter beanie to anyone in a cold, wet climate. It's a bit too heavy to be reasonable for 3 season thru-hiking use, but I could justify sending it to yourself in a box at colder/wetter sections of trail. Ie. Washington on a NoBo PCT trek, or to Virginia on a SoBo AT hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment