Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Altra Running Apparel Review: Performance Skirt, Performance Tank, Performance Tee

I am an Altra Running Athlete and as such receive my apparel at no cost. I choose to write reviews on my blog for those who are interested. I am under no obligation from the company to do so, and the opinions expressed here are just that: my honest opinions based on my personal experience with the products reviewed.

When I was at the winter Outdoor Retailer show in January I got a sneak peak at many of the awesome things Altra Running is coming out with this year. Among those were some of their apparel pieces. I was stoked to get 3 items to take to New Zealand with me to try out: Performance Skirt, Performance Tank, Performance Tee.

Performance Tee and Skirt on Mt. Torless, NZ

I will sum it up by saying that I loved every item and am super pleased with this lineup that Altra is offering. I'll go into a little more detail on each item below.

Altra Running Apparel and Mids rock off-trail in New Zealand

Performance Skirt
I'm typically not a fan of running skirts/skorts. They are always heavy and slow drying which defeats the point of wearing a skirt in the first place. I also don't like the skort since I wear skirts because I like skirts. If I want to wear shorts then I'll just wear them. So, I was pleased as punch with the Performance Skirt from Altra Running. 

Pros:
Number one, it's light. Seriously, this skirt weighs 2.6 ounces. That's incredible. 

Secondly, it wicks and dries uber fast. I tend to be a heavy sweater on my back when I wear a pack and often find my shorts stay uncomfortably damp for way too long. This skirt never seemed to hold moisture.

Cons: I am concerned by the California Prop 65 warning on the product. I haven't heard back from Altra what exactly it's referring to, but it's certainly worth taking into consideration when purchasing.

Performance Skirt on Lake Hill, NZ

Performance Tank

Pros:
Just like the skirt this tank is light. It weighs in at under 2 ounces. That makes a combined outfit weight of under 5 ounces. My thrift store dress days are probably behind me. And that's saying something. 

This tank also wicks and dries crazy fast. Even with the heavy back sweat under a pack the tank never seemed to hold moisture for more than a few minutes after I removed my pack.

I thought the front perforations looked weird at first, but honestly the peekaboo effect with my bright sports bras was cute.

The semi-fitted cut was super comfortable and I felt like I wasn't even wearing anything. I wish I'd had this for the overbearingly humid Appalachian Trail last summer!


Cons: I am concerned by the California Prop 65 warning on the product. I haven't heard back from Altra what exactly it's referring to, but it's certainly worth taking into consideration when purchasing.

Performance Tank on Bounty Island, Fiji

Performance Tee

Pros:
The tee weighs in just a tad less than the skirt at 2.4 ounces. It's by far my lightest tech tee. I also like that it is reflective on both sides since I often run in town. 

I wasn't sure I'd like the mesh back, but it wasn't at all irritating. Mostly I just felt like I wasn't even wearing anything. 

I like the looser fit making it super comfortable for long days.

Just like the rest of the series it dries wicked fast.

Cons: I am concerned by the California Prop 65 warning on the product. I haven't heard back from Altra what exactly it's referring to, but it's certainly worth taking into consideration when purchasing.


Performance Tee in a Tree, NZ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment