Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Review of Backpacking Buddies by Arlette "Apple Pie" Laan

Before I left for the Appalachian Trail in 2015 my dear friend Apple Pie gave me something to keep me company...

It's that little pink fluffy dolly hanging on my backpack.

Yes, yes, I carried something non-essential on my AT FKT.

Because I wanted to have a little smiling pink sweetie to keep me company.

Arlette makes a whole army of little sock dollies to suit your every whim. You can see what she has in stock here. Some, like the one I carried, are made from baby socks and are keychain size. 

Courtesy ArletteLaan.com

The little guy that I carried weighed probably an ounce? Miniscule for the amount of cheer it brought me when I was tired and dirty and hungry. Not only because of it's cute little face, but because a fellow long distance hiker and friend made it for me.

She also makes a selection of backpacking dollies that are a little bigger, but still plush. They also make great hiking companions.

Courtesy ArletteLaan.com
Courtesy ArletteLaan.com

Whether you are looking for a little happy camper to join you or want a gift for a friend check out Arlette's selection!

Pinky and I at the ATC

No comments:

Post a Comment