I picked up a pair of the Hillsound Armadillo LT Gaiters to use as my everyday mountain gaiter because of their weight, comfort, and waterproofness. In the last few months I have put them through the paces ascending rock and snow, glissading, and pairing with trail runner, mountaineering boots, and plastic boots. Overall they are an excellent all-around gaiter.
What I love:
- Stretchy comfort
- Top-down zipper
What could be better:
- Underfoot strap is stiff and hard to adjust
- Buckle on underfoot strap broke after about a dozen uses (I'm hard on gear!)
- Inner tongue gets caught in zipper (I had to cut it out)
Note that if you are planning to use these with plastic boots SIZE UP! They weren't stretchy enough to accommodate mine and I suffered for 3 days with plastics that wouldn't flex. Poor shins :(
– Waterproof to 20,000mm.
– Breathability rating: 6RET, 15.000 + g.
– YKK zipper brings the gaiter close to the leg.
– DWR coating will remain intact for up to 50 washes.
– Weight: 259g (XS); 270g (S); 300g (M); 315g (L); 324g (XL)
– Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL