Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Salewa Mtn Trainer Mid GTX Boots Review

When I made the transition from trails to summits I knew I needed to bite the bullet and actually buy boots.

 Ugh.

Buy boots first, helmet later
I spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews online. More than one person mentioned liking Salewa brand because of the relatively wide toe box and narrower heel. That sounded promising to me. So, I went to REI and picked up a pair of the Mountain Trainer GTX's.



Now, these are not the most technical performance alpine boot, but I have found them to be excellent in my pursuit of the Bulger List.

What I love:
Lightweight
Comfortable
Sturdy construction and excellent traction

What could be better:
The Gore-Tex failed after the first season of use



These boots accept crampons and snowshoes well. They are also stiff enough for Class 4 scrambling and hard snow. They are also comfortable enough to hike long mountain days in. Overall, I recommend them for most applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment